Saturday, July 14, 2012

Laugh

I wanted to share an uber quick layout with two 4x6 photos...of my daughter's birthday sleepover party.  The papers are from a very old BasicGrey collection, Lickety (something? sorry I can't remember) ... the papers were perfect for the festive mood of the party and the colours!

As you all know, I adore vivid colours with bold papers. It is sometimes a challenge to use the papers side by side without the layout looking cluttered or overwhelming. One technique I use often to give the eye a rest is to mat the adjoining pattern papers with a basic coloured cardstock such as white, black or cream. My layout below demonstrates this oh so easy technique.


Supplies:  BasicGrey (pattern paper, cardstock borders, cardstock accents, alphas); stitching; EK Success (border punch); Queen & Co (gems)

Thank you so much for dropping by!


No comments: