Monday, May 21, 2012

Colour, Colour, Colour!

Do you love colour??? I absolutely adore colour - in fact, some days I think the brighter, the better :-) For me, colour adds an extra zip and depth to my layouts. For me, I like the "emotions" I feel when I see bold and vibrant colours; in fact, they make me feel happy, light and joyful. With muted subtle colours I tend to complement my photos but not emphatically draw attention to my photos. Colours for me is an easy way to enhance my projects.

Here is an example of bright, bold and vibrant! Using a sketch from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch 107 class, I knew immediately I had to scrap photos of my water loving daughter using the fun bright bold colours of Echo Park.

Have a look at my interpretation of Sketch #4...


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Echo Park (pattern paper, die cut stickers); American Crafts (alphas); Queen & Co (pearls); Cosmo Cricket (chipboard accents); Fiskars banner punch

And here is an example of layout using muted hues; isn't it amazing how colour plays a role in your projects?


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Echo Park (pattern paper, die cut stickers); American Crafts (alphas); Queen & Co (pearls); Cosmo Cricket (chipboard accents); Fiskars banner punch

Thanks for dropping by!



No comments: