Friday, August 5, 2011

All Geared Up with Scrap-Tastic

August 1 was the reveal day for the Scrap-tastic kit, All Geared Up. Becky's kits are chockful of goodies - she has a real knack for blending pattern papers from various manufacturers and adding just the perfect accents. Here is my interpretation of the kit!

First is a layout documenting Danielle's first day at Kindergarten and her first time riding the bus! Gosh, I can't believe that was 2 years ago!!!!! Becky included a transparency that I used as a pocket for my journaling. My plan is to have Danielle write on a tag to include her thoughts too!


Another layout about the girls' love of playgrounds, perhaps this playground more than others. We had just finished an "endless" roadtrip to Osoyoos. Danielle was carsick for the entire trip. We even stopped to do laundry because we ran out of clothes; that happens when you throw up in excess of 11 times!!!!! I will never forget the diver who was "walking" their dog. They tied the leash to their side mirror and drove beside the dog as it ran. Not sure what happened but they inadvertently drove over their beloved dog. That was the saddest sound I had ever heard....and I don't even have a dog.


A simple card; can you ever have enough cards in your stash?


And a thank you card - these I use all the time! I love showing my appreciation to those around me.


I thought these papers lended itself beautifully to some baby pictures I had of Danielle. Sorry this picture was taken with a bit of a tilt.


And lastly, a layout about Madison. Not sure if you can see the tone on tone portion of the title against the blue robot paper but I love it. This is a layout about Madison at 10 years old. I love this layout and plan on doing one of each girl for each age. 


Thank you so much for dropping by! Now head on over to Becky's!!!

No comments: