Sunday, July 4, 2010

Belated Happy Canada Day!

We have spent the last week in Fairmont enjoying the sunshine, the beautiful amenities and the joyous times as a family. One of the special moments we had was spent at the Canada Day celebrations at the Fairmont Ski Hill. It was also a fundraiser for the local Lions Club chapter - I really like the Lions Club for all they do.

The girls thoroughly enjoyed the rock climbing. Danielle was quite a surprise to me, climbing 2/3 of the way to the top. Madison has taken a rock climbing class but scared herself about 8 feet off the ground. Then she was off to try the archery. Here they are on the rock climbing wall. (I am taking a photography class right now with Wendy Schulz so I hope to be learning lots and seeing amazing improvements in my photography!)




Unfortunately the line for the face painting was too long so we went off to explore the fire engine and play a few other games. What I thought was a nice gesture was the ski hill had a giant white and red (strawberry) cake for everyone in attendance. It was delicious!

Happy Canada Day everyone! And to my American friends, Happy July 4th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! You got in to Wendy's class! I'm taking her continuing ed. class right now. :) :) :)

I owe you an email. I'll send one soon - we are in our house!!!!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Happy Belated Canada Day... we were away... got some photos of fireworks on the beach... Layouts to follow... Love your pictures.. that Class sounds interesting...is it on line?