Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Cardmaking Day

If you want a head start on your Christmas cards or just any cards, join me at Scrap Shotz for some awesome prizes and card challenges.

Here is my gift card challenge. It is posted on the Scrap Shotz blog and in the forum. I might add to that Scrap Shotz always has some amazing prizes...so if you have a bit of time....I would be feverishly making some cards!

OK...my challenge...is to make a gift card holder. For Christmas gifts and hostess gifts, I love to give gift cards but they don't always look attractive coming from the store. So here are two gift card holders to use as inspiration.

Here is the front. It is a regular card at 4.25"x5.5" with a landscape orientation. Papers and rubs are by Black River Designs. Flowers are Prima. Gems are from Kaiser. And those awesome punches are Fiskars.


The inside is a 3"x11" piece of pattern paper scored at 5.5" to create a pocket for the gift card. This is super duper duper easy - if I can do it, anyone can! LOL


Another gift card holder is what I have been calling a tag pocket. The tag holds the gift card and the pocket is made with pattern paper scraps. Again, the papers and rubs are from Black River Designs. The ribbon source is unknown and the fancy edge border is created by Fiskars.


Here is another look of the tag pocket-gift card combo.


Thanks for letting me share and dropping by! And yes, I am feeling much better these days!
-vw

No comments: