Friday, October 9, 2009

Being Thankful

Thanksgiving is this weekend – eek! I don’t even know how I’ll be cooking a turkey, now that my oven doesn’t work – it could always be worse if the dishwasher was on the fritz! LOL Only time will tell if I will be setting a new tradition by having grilled turkey sandwiches! LOL

Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks. As scrapbookers we celebrate all of our blessings in our layouts. Here is a layout of what I am most thankful for…my family! These two munchkins mean the world my husband and I.

Supplies: Heidi Swapp (alphas); Prima (flowers, pearls, gems); buttons (source unknown); Tim Holtz distresser

Here is a close-up of the embellishment clusters.

This layout was created using the uber awesome Prima mulberry paper. To be perfectly honest, I am not a fan of mulberry paper because I find it difficult to work with and it so “stringy” but…never say never… I have always wanted to make one of those awesome canvases and this quite frankly is the next best thing. The Prima mulberry paper is as close to the canvas as I probably will get…plus, this is much much MUCH faster! The paper is gorgeous – the picture does not do it justice. There is stitching with shimmery thread and a beautiful coloured image to complement your photos and journaling. All you really need to do is add a photo and a few embellishments and you can call it done!

This layout was so quick and easy that I will probably make a few to give as Christmas gifts this holiday season. After completing the layout, I’ll just pop it into a frame and fill in the gift card!

So what are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Kiss my Paper Trimmer! said...

Beautiful work as usual V! Hope you have a great Turkey Day... minus the cooked turkey I guess! LOL

Ann said...

That LO is a stunner.

So b/c you inspire me I'm tagging you

http://adayinthelifetoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-award.html