Thursday, August 13, 2009

OffBeat

Don't you just love that name??? In my stash, I have a few BasicGrey collections and one of those collections is named OffBeat. I love it! It's so fun and versatile! I've used almost all the papers now and only have scraps left but I thought I would share a couple of layouts from today!


While these pictures are not technically perfect, they represent some of our treasured moments and summer family rituals.


These pictures illustrate the first time my girls and their cousins (my brother's daughters) had a marshmallow roast together. There were alot of squeals and excitement that night!

I wanted to share a couple of close-ups. First, I layered some of the rubs from the matching Olio book; gosh, there are so many rubs included. There are 3 rubs that are the same colour and pattern as the background pattern paper. Then I fussy cut some rubs put on cream cardstock and adhered them to the background.

This is a close-up of layering some rubs, 7 actually. I like the look and will be doing this again!

And something I don't do often but should is mix and match alphas, font and colour from different sets.

I like the look and am happy I ventured out of my little box! LOL

Thanks for dropping by!
-vw

No comments: