Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like...

Christmas????

Am I crazy? Not really! LOL At Black River Designs, our assignment this month was to create Christmassy items. And it was a cinch to create with the delicious Black River Designs papers and rubs...I must say ladies that the rubs for Black River Designs are amazing, like no other rubs I have tried before because they go on oh so easily and smoothly.

Here are a few of my projects:

Christmas does not always mean red and green. You can effectively do Christmas in non-traditional colours too - that's what I did here! Danielle had butterflies in her stomach waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve as she laid out gingersnaps and milk for him.

Supplies: Black River Designs (pattern paper); Core'dinations Cardstock (pink, black); Close To My Heart (white cardstock); American Crafts ("santa" alpha); Doodlebug ("butterflies" alphas); Cuttlebug (butterfly die)

Can you ever have too many gift tags? These were literally made in 5 minutes flat with some left over Cuttlebug snowflake die cuts and Black River Designs pattern paper...oh and a bit of Tattered Angels glimmer mist.

And lastly, here is my latest craze with presenting gift cards...a paper purse! I am constantly on the look out for different ways of giving gift cards and what I like about this purse is that you can always tuck something else in too, say some chocolates or a pen or even jewellery.

For added texture, I machine stitched around the edges of the purse before gluing it all together.
I'll be posting a few more Black River Designs layouts in the next day or two! Thanks for dropping by!
-vw

No comments: