Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day everyone! I am a very proud Canadian and am thankfully to be living in such a marvelous country!

So what did you do today to celebrate? Did you spend time with your family? Did you spend time with your friends? Did you reflect on all the great things that Canadians have accomplished? Some of the things that I take for granted every day were invented by Canadians - for example, the heart pace maker, green garbage bag, Macintosh apple, newsprint, telephone, insulin treatment, lightbulb, blackberry (how could I forget this???? Dominic is addicted to his blackberry! LOL), electric oven and a snowblower! Pretty cool, don't you think?

OK onto some scrappy stuff...here is a challenge that posted at Scrap Shotz today. My challenge is called Wish Upon a Star. All you have to do is create a layout and/or a card using as many stars as you want - I would say this is pretty easy, right???

Here is my layout:


Supplies: Bazzill cardstock (burnt orange); Little Yellow Bicycle (pattern papers, alphas); chipboard stars (mixture of the stars are from Scenic Route, Bazzill and Close To My Heart); Tattered Angels glimmer mist (sage, sand)

I hope you will give my challenge a go!

Thanks for dropping by and have a Happy Canada Day!
-Virginia

No comments: