Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Still Can't Believe It's True!

On Tuesday morning, I got up at the wee crack of dawn to attend my appointment at the Cast Clinic. *yawn* I am still tired from getting up so early! After my doctor/surgeon examined me, it looks like I will not need surgery at this time to repair the torn achilles tendon. I could not believe it! After all the challenges I have had this year, this was good news! It was REALLY good news!

Right now I am working on some general stretching and range of motion exercises for the tendon. As well, I am gradually removing the wedges in the cair cast so my tendon is in extension. Then I can start some gentle walking on the foot. At present, I am testing the strength of the tendon to see how much weight it will hold. Yes, I am scared it will rupture again but I am having faith that it will just be fine!

Thanks for all the emails and for dropping by!
-vw

2 comments:

Ellen/elcrafty said...

So glad you have some good news V!!! It's about time you did!
Enjoy your day!

Heather M. said...

that is awesome news! so happy for you!