Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's No Joke!

**BEWARE: This is a long post and photo heavy!***


It's April 1st and at Scrap Shotz, that means it's Reveal Day! I cannot be more excited about this kit called Fabulous Finery. Gosh, it was just so full of goodies from Chatterbox; I did not know where to start...I was honestly in love with every single thing in the kit!

Here are my projects:

An 8.5x11 layout titled, Happiest Place on Earth...(and no, I am not talking about Disneyland!)


To Danielle, the happiest place on Earth is our backyard and everything outside! LOL It doesn't matter if we take the same pathway every single day because it is new every day! I love that about here...she likes to say, "You get what you get Mommy and you just have to make do!" Aaah, at least I have one practical child! LOL

Here is a close-up of the layout. For fun, I stitched a "trail" for the butterfly. And I just have to say that I love love LOVE the stitched felt pieces from Chatterbox. They were my absolute favorite embellishment!



I seriously loved this kit alot and used my scraps to create a 2-pager that was 6x12 in size! When this size first came out, I thought, why in the world would I scrap this size and you know what???? I love it! I scrap it every so often and have fun with it!


A few items were added to the kit because my accents had not arrived...but hey, I've got lots! On Page 1, the large blue flowers are from Prima; the felt flowers are by American Crafts and the paper flowers are my Making Memories. The buttons are from BasicGrey and Making Memories.

For Page 2, the yellow felt flowers are by American Crafts; the chipboard flower is leftover from another Chatterbox kit. The buttons are from Autumn Leaves (I think???) And the ric rac, I am not sure but it came in a kit we had about a year ago.

Ah, this next layout is about Madison's great year in Grade 2. It REALLY does make a difference who you get as a teacher. She went from enjoying school to loving it and having a smile on her face each and every day!

The "i hate it" layout...what can I say about? You scrap the good AND the bad, right? Well, let's just say, life is difficult with Madison these days! LOL And she is a PRE-tween, not even a tween yet and a fair bit aways from being a teen! What do I have in store for me?

Anyways, she apparently liked the haircut but part way through decided she hated it and let's just say the change in moods happened in the span of 10 minutes...10 minutes!!! ... sigh...


All supplies in the layout are by Chatterbox with the exception of the polka dotted blue chipboard butterfly. He is by American Crafts. (I love him!)

And well, I just had to remember what Madison was like as a baby...all sweet and hanging on every word I said...ah, the good old days! LOL

In addition to the April kit, I added the large and small fabric yellow flowers by Prima, the felt flowers by American Crafts. Buttons I think are from Autumn Leaves...but again I am not sure as I re-organized my button collection. The title block was cut from Spellbinders - love this shape! And the scalloped edge was created using the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch.

This is one of my favorite layouts. Why? Well, I am rarely in any photos let alone a layout. And these photos really represent how much joy Danielle receives from the outdoors.


All supplies are from the April kit with the exception of the epoxy alphas from American Crafts.

With the scraps of pattern paper, I quickly made a set of 3x3 cards! 5 minutes is all it took!



And yes, there is more...an adorable mini album! I am not quite finished yet and will show you all in the next few days!

Thanks for dropping by! Wow! Life is busy with 2 active kids!

-vw

No comments: