Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Marrakesh Madness - Part I

On March 1, it was Reveal Day at Scrap Shotz. And boy oh boy, working with the Basic Grey Marrakesh kit was a dream! The papers and colours are rich and oh so versatile. Here are the projects I made with my kit - I hope you like them! All supplies are from the Scrap Shotz March kit.

Lately, I have renewed my interest in doing 2-pagers! There is so much real estate to use and it's rather freeing! Here is a layout of Madison and Dominic - Maddy and Daddy. Right from the get-go, Madison and Dominic were close...it warms my heart to see it every day. These pictures are a collection from 2000 to 2008. Hope you like it!

I quite liked the patterns of the Marrakesh paper, in particular, I loved the flower pattern of the orange paper. For some added dimension, I cut out the flower of orange paper and rolled the edges of the points to create the flower pets. Then I added one of the glazed brads for the flower centre and adhered the unit to my layout. Here is a close-up of the flower...

And lately, I have this undeniable urge to use up my old printed photos, especially from my film days. Basically I am on a roll to use my stash because at Scrap Shotz we are doing a 100 Project Challenge - in general, you cannot shop for more scrappy supplies until you have completed 100 projects! At first, I was thinking ... what in the world am I doing? But I am at 98 right now and it wasn't that hard! I thought I would not be able to shop until the end of the year but since Jan 1, I have completed 98 projects...did I mention I completed 98 projects?

Anyways I digressed...here is another layout using the Marrakesh kit and photos from the film days (I think) or at the very least the early digital days...

And a close up of the journaling...

I have loved using my sewing machine to add just a little something special to my layouts and I recently have been stitching my journaling strips to the layout. I like the look...it really gives a homey feel to the layout.

The chipboard flower elements in the Basic Grey kit are AMAZING! And I decorated mine with the Jenni Bowlin flower gems. Here is a close-up...

This month with my kit scraps, I made an ABC book for Danielle. She can already recognize the big and small letters but she likes to "trace" her fingers over the letters, basically on anything she sees with letters. For this project, I used up scraps from previous Scrap Shotz kits and from the various odds and sods of letter stickers and rubs and die cuts. It is amazing what I have in my "extras" bin and I am pleased to say I made quite a dent into it!

So this is the front of each letter page. In the circle is the capital letter and then the lower case letter. And for continuity, I used up all my old chipboard. A quick splash of paint and everything looks the same. Ahhh...I have been so loving my paint lately...


And on the back of each letter page are samples of objects that start with the letter on the front. For example, the letter A page has an apple and an alligator on the back of it.

This is Part I of the reveal - please drop by for the remainder of my projects tomorrow!

-vw

1 comment:

Ann said...

Gorgeous!! I'm totally lifting that idea of sewing over your journaling. Very cool