Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's So Revealing!!!

It's the beginning of December and you know what that is, right? Uh huh...reveal day at Scrap Shotz. This month's absolutely scrumptious kit is SEI Alpine Frost lines. Check it out here. Let me tell you that the papers and accents are even more beautiful in real life and boy oh boy, this kit is so versatile!

Here are my projects this month...

This layout is very special to me because it is a summary of the various childrens' Christmas parties before Danielle was born.

Here is a close up of the Prima felt gate that I cut up and adorned with a Making Memories brad.

Goodness I look young in this photo! LOL

Here is an altered Melissa Francess album from last years Scrap Shotz December kit. It is all ready for my 2008 holiday photos. I especially love the glimmer misted Maya Road people. And I used the inside of the Prima felt gate as the chimney.

Here is a close-up of the album title whose shape is cut with the Nestabilities. Don't you just love the Prima glittered trees? I know I sure do!

The next two layouts put a huge smile on my face! I love seeing the joy and wonder in my girls' eyes on Christmas morning. The first layout is of Madison - she is overwhelmed at the same time as excited and rarin' to enjoy her gifts! Those velvet Maya Road flowers are luscious - absolutely luscious!


This layout showcases the many feelings flowing through Danielle on Christmas morning. It was the first Christmas where she really REALLY understood Santa...and I just love it!

To make the tree, I cut a triangle from the glittered paper and used the Making Memories pearl brads to create the ornaments and the tree trunk. So easy and so effective!

And my last layout is of Madison skiing at the Kimberley Snowstars race this past March. It was a great day of skiing and I am so glad I was able to capture the moment and the story.

This month I also had the opportunity to do another Valerie Sketch - sketch #72 to be exact! Here is my layout...

A close-up of the giant snowflake! I am loving snowflakes these days! The black bling is from Glitz Designs...totally love their products!


My last bit of show and tell is the Scrap Shotz December DT Sketch Challenge! The sketches are from PageMaps - they are super easy and versatile, a must for this busy time of year! Here is my layout interpretation...


Supplies: Pattern papers from Scrap Shotz Kits Take 2 - KI Memories; Bazzill scallop circle cardstock; Making Memories Mini Alphas; Heidi Swapp chipboard flowers; Urban Lily circle chipboard; Glitz Designs gems for the flower centres and American Crafts alpha stickers.

Here is my card using the Scrap Shotz kit featuring Crate Papers - Prudence. Chipboard sentiment was a RAK from a very special friend!

Thanks for dropping by!
-Virginia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking me up, Virginia! Your layouts are gorgeous. :)

Heather M. said...

I love all your projects, V! I especially love how you used the felt gate - so creative!

Kiss my Paper Trimmer! said...

Hi you! Love your stuff!! Great work! Merry Christmas V!

Ann said...

Gorgeous work as always.